independent study skills
We believe that giving students the keys to their own learning helps fosters success at this level, and in their future studies. Our 11+ tutorials:
- develop revision skills
- provide active revision tasks and exercises
- help structure and organise revision effectively
- help boost confidence
Learn more about the importance of independence in learning and the constructivist theory of learning. Or get in touch to book a free trial tutorial.
LEARNING EXAM TECHNIQUE
We don't believe in hot-housing students. We do believe in learning how to convey understanding of a topic is often as important as knowing the content of a course. 11+ tutorials
- allow students lots of time to practice
- provide and discuss model answers
- discuss common pitfalls
- don't just focus on doing exam papers
Our 11+ tutorials give student's the freedom to practice the skills they will need for the 11+ exam in contexts which are applicable to real life
Specific feedback to up-level work
Aside from lots of practice, students that do well at 11+ are those that are able to reflect on feedback and flexibly respond to this feedback.
Having regular and specific feedback allows students to focus on hitting target grades and up-levelling.
Tutors at this level will:
- provide specific advice and feedback
- focus on examination assessment objectives
- give written reports delivered by email after every lesson detailing how students can improve their work.
Our goal is to make things as easy as possible for parents and as academically invigorating as possible for students.
- All tutors are DBS checked. Once enrolled, we will send you a selection of tutors to pick from.
- Once you've picked your favoured tutor we'll organise a free introductory tutorial at your convenience.
- All invoices can be paid easily at the end of every month with one click.
If you are interested in getting tuition but want to see what type of tutor would best suit your circumstances, head to our Cost of Tuition page. Or if you have a specific question you would like to ask one of our directors, get in contact and we will schedule a call back.
To get a better idea of what a London Academy tutorial looks like, head to our blog.