What should you expect in the 7 plus?
For students applying to prep schools, they may be asked to take a pre-prep assessment in English, Maths, Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning. These exams have the potential to be worrisome for both parents and students. However, there is no need to fret!
Here's the key info:
- Taken by students in Year 2
- Usually in January (but occasionally at other times)
- Maths, English and often Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning assessed
- May involve an informal 'interview' with the head
- Schools will usually request a student report from the student's current school
To get a better idea of what to expect in each area we have split things up into the main categories of assessment below. Have a browse below to see what to expect for each section and how you can help. If you are looking for specific advice or want us to answer a question directly then send us a quick message and we will get back to you in double quick time.
Need to ask us a specific question about the 7+? Or just want to talk to someone free of charge about your child's situation? Get in contact and we'll schedule a free telephone consultation.
If you want to organise a tutorial but want to know what the different options are, go to our Cost of Tuition Page.